For us, your Privacy is most important! After all, you give your confidence by using the services of Wised-up.com and we appreciate this very much. That is why we are committed to securing and storing all personal data that you entrust to us. We act in the interest of our customers and we are transparent about the processing of your personal data.
Our privacy statement applies to all forms of information we collect through our platform or other means associated with it (for example, if you contact our firstname.lastname@example.org by email). That way you don’t have to read that much.
If you do not agree with our Privacy Statement, you should no longer use our services. If you agree with our Privacy Statement, you agree and you are ready to book and / or place your workshop / training through us and have it booked .. We warmly welcome you!
What kind of personal data does Wised-up.com collect?
Without information we cannot help you find the perfect choice and book your workshop, training or “in the Spotlight” video. When you use our services, there are certain pieces of information that we request. These are fairly general things, such as your name, your contact details, possibly your company details and your preference (s) for workshop / training. In addition, we also collect information from your computer, phone, tablet, or other device that you use to access our services, including the IP address, the browser you use, and your language settings.
Why does Wised-up.com collect and use your personal data?
The main reason is that we can help you find and find the right one for you and ensure you get the best possible service.
We also use your personal data to contact you and to keep you informed of the latest offers and special offers and / or discounts and other products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
How does Wised-up.com share your data with third parties?
Several parties have been integrated into the services of Wised-up.com. This happens in different ways and for different reasons. The main purpose is to share your data relevant to bookings with the provider (coach / trainer) so that your reservation can be completed. There are also other parties who may receive part of your data. This concerns parties that we involve to provide you with the services of Wised-up.com. These include, for example, financial institutions, advertisers and in some cases the government or other authorities if required under applicable law. We do not sell or rent your personal data.
How does Wised-up.com process communications that you and your booked Travel Provider send to Wised-up.com?
Wised-up.com is the platform to help contact organizers and customers of training and courses with the public, exchange knowledge and information for and by coaches and trainers and the commercial-business management and administration of the placements of training / workshops and courses and booking them, ticket reservations of events and by running the communication via Wised-up.com.
How does Wised-up.com use social media?
The use of social media is integrated in various ways with the services of Wised-up.com. We collect a number of personal data or the social media provider receives part of your information.
What retention and security measures does Wised-up.com use to protect your personal data?
We have suitable and adequate procedures to prevent unauthorized use and misuse of the personal data we process.
How can you manage the personal data you have provided to Wised-up.com?
You always have the right to view the personal data we hold about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by sending an email to email@example.com.
Which personal data does Wised-up.com collect?
Personal data that you provide to us.
Wised-up.com collects and uses information that you provide to us. When you make a booking or book a training / workshop, you will be asked to provide some essential information to help complete your booking
When you need to contact one of our team members, or when you contact us in any other way (for example via social media, we will also collect information from you. Members may also be asked to leave a review to help prospective members find what they are looking for We will collect information from you that is included in your rating, including your display name and / or avatar.
You may decide to participate in referral programs or promotional activities with promotional codes. Participating in this also means that you provide us with your personal data. In doing so, you can give us feedback or ask for help using the services of Wised-up.com.
Personal data of others that you provide to us.
Maybe you are not just booking a trainign or workshop for yourself and you want to surprise someone else with a nice Wised-up gift, then this information will also be included in our database.
In many cases, you can use Wised-up.com to share information with others. This can be done, for example, by forwarding recommendations. However, this information can only be used as described in the offered interface.
We need to point out that it is your responsibility that the people whose personal data you provide are aware of this and understand and accept how Wised-up.com uses their information (as described in this Privacy Statement).
Personal data we collect automatically.
Regardless of whether you make a booking, we automatically collect certain information when you visit our websites or apps. Your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system, such as the versions of the application and your language settings, all make up here part of it. We also collect information about your click behavior and which pages are shown to you.
Why does Wised-up.com collect and use your personal data?
We use stored information about you for various purposes. Your personal data can be used in the following ways:
- Bookings and Placements: First of all, we use your personal data to complete and manage your online, which is of course the essence of our business! This also includes communication regarding your booking / placement, such as confirmations, changes and reminders.
- Customercare: we provide help from our HQ in multiple languages, office hours and days. By sharing your relevant information, such as information about your user account, with our team, they can contact you if you need us.
- Online Groups: We can invite users with an account to join an online group or forum where they can communicate with each other.
- Marketing Purposes: We use your information for marketing purposes. By this we mean, among other things:
- Using your contact information to send you regular information about booking-related products and services. You can unsubscribe from email marketing messages quickly, easily and at any time – just click on the unsubscribe link found in any newsletter or other communication.
- Based on your information, personalized offers may be shown to you on the website.
- from Wised-up.com and on the company pages of third parties (including social media websites) and the content of the website displayed to you can be personalized. These may be offers that can be booked directly on the Wised-up.com site.
- If you participate in other promotions (such as contests, referring friends or contests), the relevant data will be used to manage these promotions.
- Contacting You: We may also interact with you at any other time, including by email, post, telephone or text message. The method depends on the contact details you have previously shared with us. We process the communication you have with us. There are a number of reasons for this, including:
- If you have not yet completed a booking or placement, we may contact you with a reminder to proceed with your booking / placement. This additional service can be of benefit to you because you can complete your purchase without having to fill in your details again.
- When you use our services, we may send you a survey or invite you to leave a review about your experience with Wised-up.com.
- Even if you do not have an upcoming booking, we can send you other administrative messages that include security alerts, for example.
- Market Research: Sometimes we ask our guests to participate in a market research. You can refer to the information provided when you are invited to participate to understand what personal data is collected and how your personal data is further used.
- Improve our services: we also use personal data for analytical purposes. This is part of our commitment to improving our services and user experiences, but it can also be used for testing, troubleshooting and improving the functionality and quality of our online travel services. The main goal is to optimize and adapt our online platform to your needs and to make our website easier and more pleasant to use. We strive to use only pseudonymized data for these analytical purposes.
- Member Reviews and Other Related Information: After relevant training / workshop or event, Travel that you book through us, you may be invited to leave a review. This invitation asks for feedback on the provider or the training / workshop. If you have an account, you can choose to display your rating with a display name instead of your real name (which can be chosen in the user account). Adding an avatar is also possible. By completing a member assessment, you agree that it can be displayed (as detailed in our Terms and Conditions),
- Promotion of Safe and Reliable Service: In order to create a reliable environment for you from Wised-up.com, we use personal data to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities. Likewise, we use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including user authentication and reservations. For such purposes, we may need to hold or suspend certain reservations until we have completed our review.
Providing your personal information to Wised-up.com is voluntary. However, depending on the type of service you would like to use, we may only be able to provide that service to you if certain personal information is collected. For example, we cannot process your booking or placement if we do not collect your name and contact details.
If we use automated means to process your personal data that have legal consequences or significantly affect you, we will take appropriate measures to protect your rights and freedoms, including the right to human intervention.
In order to process your personal data as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
For purposes A and B, Wised-up.com bases itself on the legal basis that the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract, in particular to complete and manage your booking / placement. If the required personal data is not provided, Wised-up.com cannot complete the booking / placement or provide customer service. For purposes C through J, Wised-up.com relies on its legitimate commercial business interests to provide its services, prevent fraud, and improve its services. When personal data is used to serve the legitimate interests of Wised-up.com or a third party, Wised-up.com will always balance your rights and interests in protecting your personal data against Wised-up’s rights and interests .com or that of the third party. For purpose L, Wised-up.com also relies, where applicable, on compliance with legal obligations (such as legal enforcement requests). Where required by applicable law, Wised-up.com will seek your consent before processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you would like to object to the processing set out above and no opt-out mechanism is directly available to you (e.g. through your account settings), where applicable, please contact dataprotectionoffice@Wised-up.com.
How does Wised-up.com share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we share your data with third parties.
- The provider you have booked: that is very important for what we do. In order to complete your placement / booking, we provide the relevant details to the provider who booked you. Depending on the booking or placement, this could be your name, your contact details, your payment details, your preferences or other information you provided when making the booking or placement. If you have a question we can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event of reservation-related disputes, we may provide the Travel Provider with information about the reservation process if necessary to handle the dispute. This can be a copy of your booking confirmation as proof that the Reservation has actually been made.
- Third Party Services: We use third party services that are not part of Wised-up.com. They help us provide you with the services of Wised-up.com. These service providers provide support services such as:
o market research;
o fraud detection and prevention, including anti-fraud screening service;
o payment services. We use third parties to process payments and refunds, and for billing and collection services. If a refund has been requested by you or the credit card holder for your booking or placement, we may need to share certain reservation details with the payment service and the relevant financial institutions to process the refund. A copy of the booking confirmation or of the IP address used to make the booking can also be sent with it. We may share information with the relevant financial institutions if we consider it necessary for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
How are cookies used? ‘ read in our Cookie Statement.
All service providers are obliged to continuously protect your personal data adequately.
- Authorities: We transfer personal data to law enforcement to the extent that it is required by law, or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection and prosecution of criminal offenses and fraud, or if we are otherwise required by law to do so. We may also pass on personal data to authorities to protect our rights and property, or the rights and property of our business partners.
If you make a reservation on the website of one of our business partners, please take the time to read their privacy statement if you want to understand how these business partners can process your personal data. For fraud detection and prevention purposes and if strictly necessary, we may also exchange information about our users with our business partners.
The provision of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement may include overseas transfers of personal data to other countries whose data protection laws are not as complete as those of the European Union countries. If required by European law, we will only pass on personal data to recipients who provide an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, as may be required, we make contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal data is still protected in accordance with European Union standards. You can ask us to view a copy of this contractual agreement using the contact details below.
To optimize the content of the Wised-up.com newsletter, Wised-up.com combines the searches and reservations made on different computers and devices. You can unsubscribe at any time through the Wised-up.com newsletter.
How does Wised-up.com use social media?
Wised-up.com uses social media in different ways. We use it partly to facilitate the use of our online booking services, but also to promote related products and services from our providers and to advertise, improve and facilitate our own services. You are free not to use the social media functionalities.
- Log in with your social media account. We offer you the option of logging into your Wised-up.com user account with your social media account, so that you need to remember fewer usernames and passwords for various online services. After the first login, you can always use your social media account to login to your Wised-up.com account. You can disconnect these accounts at any time.
- Integration of social media plugins. We have also integrated social media plugins into the website and apps of Wised-up.com. This means that when you click on one of the buttons (such as a ‘Like’ on Facebook), certain information is shared with these social media providers. When you are logged into your social media account at the same time, your social media provider can relate this information to your social media account and possibly share the actions on your social media account with others in your network.
- Other social media services and functionalities. We may integrate other social media services (such as social media messaging services) to communicate with Wised-up.com or your contacts about our services. We can manage social media accounts and offer apps on various social media sites. When you connect to Wised-up.com via social media, your social media provider may allow you to share information with Wised-up.com. If you choose to share, your social media provider will generally tell you what information will be shared. For example, when you log into your Wised-up.com user account with your social media account, certain information (to which you have authorized your social media provider) may be shared with Wised-up.com. Your email address, age or profile pictures stored in your user account may be part of this.
When you register with Wised-up.com with a social media app, or connect to a social media messaging service without having a Wised-up.com user account, the information you choose to share with us may include the basic information available is in your social media profile (including your email address, status updates, and a list of your contacts). We will use this information to provide you with the service you have requested,
for example, to forward a message to your contacts, or to create a personalized user experience in the app or on our website. This allows us, if you wish, to tailor our services to your needs, connect you and your friends to the best travel destinations and analyze and improve our travel related services. Your social media provider can tell you more about how they use and process your data when you connect to Wised-up.com through them, for example by combining the personal data they collect when you use Wised-up.com through them, with information they when you use other online platforms associated with your social media provider.
What security and retention procedures does Wised-up.com use to safeguard your personal information?
We have solid procedures in place to prevent unauthorized access to and misuse of personal data.
We use appropriate security systems and procedures to protect the personal information you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions to access the personal information on our servers. Only authorized personnel have access to personal information if it is necessary for their work.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we consider it necessary for your use and our provision of our services (including maintaining the online user account (if created)), to comply with applicable law, to resolve disputes with any party also, and if necessary, for other things that enable us to conduct our business, including detecting and preventing fraud and other illegal activities. All personal data we store is covered by this Privacy Statement.
How does Wised-up.com handle children’s personal data?
The services offered by Wised-up.com are not intended for children under the age of 16.
How can you manage the personal data you have given to Wised-up.com?
We want you to have control over how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
1.you can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- after registration you can manage your data yourself in your own secure dashboard environment.
When we use your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time in accordance with applicable law. In addition, when we process your personal data on the basis of legitimate or public interest, you have the right to object to that use of your personal data at any time subject to applicable law.
We trust you to ensure that your personal information is complete, accurate and current. Please inform us immediately of any changes or inaccuracies in your personal data by contacting us.
If you have an online user account, you can access a significant portion of your personal information through our website / apps. Our website / apps generally allow you to add, update or delete information we have about you.
If personal data we have about you is not accessible through our website, you can send us your request free of charge. For all your requests or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact our email@example.com
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data via Wised-up.com and how to reach us?
The processing of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement is done by Wised-up.com under MALKI B.V.B.A
Wised-up.com under MALKI B.V.B.A is a private limited liability company governed by Belgian law and has its office at Gentseweg 3, 9910 in Ursel Belgium.